Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: Grandia 3 rumors

  1. #31
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, the problems I have against sony and the PS2 are:

    1. They hype everything and sell stuff for the name (look at how did the PS2 sell before having any good games and being so bad).
    2. They use nasty practices like buying the media in every country, manipulating news agencies in every possible way, and bribing companies to cancel games when they were going to hurt them.
    3. They made a poorly designed, inferior system with poor quality components (from DVD drive to the fan).
    4. They won the first market war with an inferior system, and because of that, the RPGs we love don't look as brilliant as they could. I just want the best, I don't care for the name printed on a box like the mainstream market do. And the Dreamcast was a better, cheaper, and better established system. If sony hadn't hyped the console and the crappy games it was launched with, taking advantage of its position and undeserved fame, nor they had used predatory, lowly market practices, users would have seen things as they were; and with more support, important companies like Square-Enix or Namco would have finally switched over to a better platform. The result: Xenosaga would have had textures on walls and no cheap FMVs to fake in-game cut-scenes the PS2 couldn't handle nor we would be paying for a DVD9 disc; FFX would have been high-res; FFX-2 would have had mip-mapping for textures to not look like a swarm of ants; strategy parts in games like Suikoden wouldn't feature such an unstable image; the Shenmue saga would have gotten the recognition it deserved and we would be playing Shenmue 3 on a Dreamcast by now; we would be playing Kingdom Hearts in 60 Hz in Europe; racing games wouldn't look like ass, etc.

    Of course sega helped sony a lot, fucking up their own product from the very day it was launched, with <s>such bad</s> total absence of marketing; and I don't mean ads, I mean the complete market study process which is much more than having four imbeciles saying stuff on TV. microsoft screwed them as well because sega didn't learn that no company can sell their soul to microsoft and remain unscrewed (think Apple, IBM, Spyglass, SCO......); and Nintendo had a great hardware but didn't come up with a proper marketing either, and they focused on making a console for kids and that's what they got ? kids.

    So what did we got for RPGs? Low-res graphics with sucky textures, unstable picture, low durability, an sucky control pad... We could be doing better with other systems. I'm just sad because now the PS2 is the de facto standard for RPGs, when technology is much more advanced than that, and some scenes in my favorite games don't shine as much as they could in the technical department.

    Anyways, I'm not a fanboy of any kind; no game company pays me and all I want is the best RPGs, so I got a PS2, which by now reads like crap so I'm probably gonna dump it and buy another one, I don't care; all that matters to me is good RPGs ^_^. And if by any chance Square-Enix, Game Arts, Namco, and others decided one day they have to dump the PS2 and work for the Xbox for some stupid reason, don't doubt I'll go buy one of Billy's low-end PCs (mine is twice as fast) the very week the first important RPG gets released for that system. Since that's not gonna happen, I'll stick to sony and buy a PS3 when it gets released. I don't care if it's good or bad; it's going to have the games I love. As Cataferal said, this is how many RPGers feel.

    And in a way, I really hope the PS3 really kicks ass technically-wise, and I can stop bitching about their bad systems, since sony's gonna hype it and bribe everybody again; the PS3 is going to get the big RPG companies' support, and we'll be playing our next RPGs in that system. So it better be good, I want to see Shion's ass in high resolution this time XD .

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Omega-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by -Wiseman-:
    Well, the problems I have against sony and the PS2 are:

    1. They hype everything and sell stuff for the name (look at how did the PS2 sell before having any good games and being so bad).
    2. They use nasty practices like buying the media in every country, manipulating news agencies in every possible way, and bribing companies to cancel games when they were going to hurt them.
    3. They made a poorly designed, inferior system with poor quality components (from DVD drive to the fan).
    4. They won the first market war with an inferior system, and because of that, the RPGs we love don't look as brilliant as they could. I just want the best, I don't care for the name printed on a box like the mainstream market do. And the Dreamcast was a better, cheaper, and better established system. If sony hadn't hyped the console and the crappy games it was launched with, taking advantage of its position and undeserved fame, nor they had used predatory, lowly market practices, users would have seen things as they were; and with more support, important companies like Square-Enix or Namco would have finally switched over to a better platform. The result: Xenosaga would have had textures on walls and no cheap FMVs to fake in-game cut-scenes the PS2 couldn't handle nor we would be paying for a DVD9 disc; FFX would have been high-res; FFX-2 would have had mip-mapping for textures to not look like a swarm of ants; strategy parts in games like Suikoden wouldn't feature such an unstable image; the Shenmue saga would have gotten the recognition it deserved and we would be playing Shenmue 3 on a Dreamcast by now; we would be playing Kingdom Hearts in 60 Hz in Europe; racing games wouldn't look like ass, etc.

    Of course sega helped sony a lot, fucking up their own product from the very day it was launched, with <s>such bad</s> total absence of marketing; and I don't mean ads, I mean the complete market study process which is much more than having four imbeciles saying stuff on TV. microsoft screwed them as well because sega didn't learn that no company can sell their soul to microsoft and remain unscrewed (think Apple, IBM, Spyglass, SCO......); and Nintendo had a great hardware but didn't come up with a proper marketing either, and they focused on making a console for kids and that's what they got ? kids.

    So what did we got for RPGs? Low-res graphics with sucky textures, unstable picture, low durability, an sucky control pad... We could be doing better with other systems. I'm just sad because now the PS2 is the de facto standard for RPGs, when technology is much more advanced than that, and some scenes in my favorite games don't shine as much as they could in the technical department.

    Anyways, I'm not a fanboy of any kind; no game company pays me and all I want is the best RPGs, so I got a PS2, which by now reads like crap so I'm probably gonna dump it and buy another one, I don't care; all that matters to me is good RPGs ^_^. And if by any chance Square-Enix, Game Arts, Namco, and others decided one day they have to dump the PS2 and work for the Xbox for some stupid reason, don't doubt I'll go buy one of Billy's low-end PCs (mine is twice as fast) the very week the first important RPG gets released for that system. Since that's not gonna happen, I'll stick to sony and buy a PS3 when it gets released. I don't care if it's good or bad; it's going to have the games I love. As Cataferal said, this is how many RPGers feel.

    And in a way, I really hope the PS3 really kicks ass technically-wise, and I can stop bitching about their bad systems, since sony's gonna hype it and bribe everybody again; the PS3 is going to get the big RPG companies' support, and we'll be playing our next RPGs in that system. So it better be good, I want to see Shion's ass in high resolution this time XD .
    <font size="2" face="Verdana,sans-serif">Well some of the things you said that realy made me realy see red,well for me being 32 years old,ya at my age I cant spell a word,back to my point,I been playing video games when you guys were in Huggies,I have all the classic gaming systems and the ones from to day,well if you are a true gamer you realy care less whos dam name is on a gaming system,Every gaming system has there falts/problems/bugs and so on,the X-box isent perfict eather,the system has good grafix,but it laggs,game play slows down at times,say like 1 hour or 2 hours,so does the Playstation 2,I use to work for nintendo as a game tester like 5 years ago,and I know what to look for in a system and games,the reasion the "OLD PS2" was in a poor shape becuse it was made by hand and it was rushed becuse it had a DAM dead line even though "it had a poor chip set and DVD drive and read errors and a fan and poor Low-res graphics with sucky textures, unstable picture, low durability, an sucky control pad" big deal,dont for get the system just started out at the time.

    I have a friend and he is very truthfull he lives in japan and he doese bench test on all of the gaming systems,he has tested 4 systems the dreamcast playstation 2 Game cube and the X box.

    The Dreamcast ran about the same as the PS2 but a little bit better grafics and frame rate,and the Dream cast and the PS2 did better than the X box,but the Dreamcast didnt lag as much compared to the PS2 and the X box.

    The X box tends to over heat over long peried of time,well the same with every other system will do.

    The problem with the read disc error with the ps2 is with the CD rom drive it self,now with the SCPH-50001 came out it took care of that problem,The X box on the other hand still has that same problem.The SCPH-50001 ps2 also has a up dated chip set,and a newer Ver of the ps2 is on its way its called the PSX it has every thing up dated with a 60 to a 200gig hard drive and with better grafix.

    Now for the Nintendo Game Cube,that little system out prformed the other systems by 25% with better graphics and textures,stable picture, good durability, and a not so bad control pad,its a very good all around gaming system,but with hardly any RPGS.

    Just rember this amount of power and on how good the grafix the system has,it doesnt meen a thing,its all about the games thats all,also rember this as well it cost a hell of alote of money and funding to make a Video game,and it dont take as much money to build a gaming system.Also its about enjoy ment as well.

    I have played a bunch of sucky looking video games with bad grafix,and they turned out to be the best games that I ever did play,and I still do.

    Please note all of these thing I do and did say is the truth and no lie,and please dont think that I am trying to start a flame war or anything. All that I stated are true facts right to the letter and nonthing eles.

    Video Games/systems are ment to be talked about and played for enjoyment and not to kill or say meen things to people,So game on people.

  3. #33
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the reasion the "OLD PS2" was in a poor shape becuse it was made by hand and it was rushed becuse it had a DAM dead line even though "it had a poor chip set and DVD drive and read errors and a fan and poor Low-res graphics with sucky textures, unstable picture, low durability, an sucky control pad" big deal,dont for get the system just started out at the time.

    The system was rushed because if they waited until production was stable and bugs were fixed, it would have looked even worse compared to its competition. But in any case, today's PS2s still have poor quality components, especially the DVD drive. Poor low-res graphics with sucky textures is a matter of design, not an initial flaw. Even though you may juggle textures between the system memory and the ridiculous 4 MB video buffer, there's always that limitation, you can't have impressive texture maps all at once, you can't have big areas with great, non-repeating textures, and you can have photorealistic graphics at all. Unstable picture is another problem by design ? the quality of the signal generated by the PS2 is very poor, and the tricks it does with interlacing makes it even poorer. With a good TV, you can notice the big difference between the PS2 and any other console. And the control pad hasn't changed yet, and it's still that tiny thing that makes hands hurt after hours of roleplaying.


    The X box tends to over heat over long peried of time,well the same with every other system will do.

    I have had my Dreamcast console running for 10+ hours without a problem; I would have a session of Grandia 2, then just after I'm done my brother would resume his game, and Grandia 2 is a very demanding game for the GD drive (because of the seeking it causes to stream the combat music and the FMV spells at the same time). We've had it since 1999 and it still runs nice. I can't say the same of my 2 year old PS2.


    Now for the Nintendo Game Cube,that little system out prformed the other systems by 25% with better graphics and textures,stable picture, good durability, and a not so bad control pad,its a very good all around gaming system,but with hardly any RPGS.

    Yes, after sega announced they screwed up, pops scolded them, so they would kill the Dreamcast themselves, I had a look at the new two systems, and since the very day I looked at the in-depth technical specs of the systems, I said the GC was the best designed, most balanced machine, and I did plan on getting it if it was going to get good games. People from this board can remember [Accessboards era] what did I think of the GC. Then Nintendo really disappointed me with short, kiddy, uninteresting games to me, and poor third-party support.


    Just rember this amount of power and on how good the grafix the system has,it doesnt meen a thing,its all about the games thats all

    If that were so, I should find my SNES and forget about the next gens. Companies shouldn't bother about them either.

    A game's primary goal is to provide fun, and the most important thing in a game is in fact the fun factor. But graphics DO count. Sound DOES count. If they didn't, I wouldn't have bought any new consoles. I'm a technologist, and I want the very best. I already have great games with great stories that are fun as hell to play. So if I'm spending money on new consoles and games, it's to have that PLUS better graphics and sound, which enhance your gameplay experience by getting you more into the game and scenes, making characters more lifelike, etc.

    And, while I love the current PS2 RPGs, I can't help but think they would have been a little better if they hadn't been done for such a limited system.

    For the record, I'll say that my favorite game ever is Xenogears, an old PSX game with old PSX graphics. So it's not like I'm a graphics bitch. Despite Shion's ass, I didn't like Xenosaga Episode 1 as much (mainly because it's not a self-contained story), so it's my second place.

    So I'm not saying the visual department is the most important thing in a game, but the nicer the better, right?


    it cost a hell of alote of money and funding to make a Video game,and it dont take as much money to build a gaming system

    Designing a modern gaming system DOES take a fat budget, if we count market analysis, strategy, architecture design, election of components, manufacturing planning, OS and API research, design, programming and testing, internal and external demonstrations, post-production marketing, and second and third generation APIs. Even so, it's rather sad that a company like sony could come up with such a poor design... Graphics Synthesizer ? I would have dumped that and worked on T&L, if only for its cost, for heaven's sake), RAMBUS (OMG sony too), 4 MB video buffer (WTF!?? The Voodoo 1 had this much video memory, LOL), hardware compatibility with the PSX (just so they won't be using an 33vil emulator, right? Ok add bucks and complexity), plus the crappy first-gen APIs. Not to mention the external design... It looks the NES, duh. It looks as if they wanted to make it that ugly on purpose, just to suit such a hardware design.


    I have played a bunch of sucky looking video games with bad grafix,and they turned out to be the best games that I ever did play,and I still do.

    And I've been playing some Castle of the Winds (roguelike) three months ago... Go figure. Now imagine the same great gameplay, only with better graphics. Wouldn't you want it?


    please dont think that I am trying to start a flame war or anything

    Of course not, this is a mature board, not a pack of 12 year old AOLers. I'm 23 and I started at the pre-Atari era. I think my first console was a K?rting VideoGame System, but I can't remember the name well because I was so young.

    Edit: I searched Google, turns out it was a K?rting Tele Multiplay, don't know the model though, it wasn't either 6000 nor 8000.


    Video Games/systems are ment to be talked about and played for enjoyment and not to kill or say meen things to people,So game on people.

    Of course. I hope you didn't find my post personally insulting, it was never intended to be so. I just said the truth, maybe with some lack of political correctness, but PC is against my morals [img]wink.gif[/img] . I didn't intend to troll either, in fact, I thought you would agree and that's why I went into details.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ April 02, 2004 08:46 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  4. #34
    Inactive Member Omega-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2004
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My friend you dont have nothing to worry about,Its all cool with me,you and every one has there rights to speak there own minds.

    anyways I need a Affiliates,I am making a forum called Gaming Inc,Its not realy done yet and it has no members,all the forum needs is some Video game gifs/sprites for the forum and a good banner,do ya have any good ideas on finding some Gifs like from Grandia or any rpgs?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •